Amagi is a media technology company that provides cloud-based solutions and advertisement technology and services to television networks, digital publishers, and OTT providers (collectively referred to as “Digital Publishers”). Advertisement technology and services is provided through Amagi’ s proprietary technology platform THUNDERSTORM (“Ad Platform”). Amagi engages with advertisement exchanges, supply side platforms and other networks to provide and insert advertisements on digital properties of Digital Publishers.
What do we collect?
Amagi collects the following data:
- IP Address. IP Address helps in understanding the location of the Internet user.
- User Agent. User Agent helps in understanding the device information on which the content is being viewed.
- Content information. The type of content being viewed by the Internet user. This helps in serving relevant advertisements.
- Other personal and non-personal information that is collected during Internet user ‘s interaction with Ad Platform and/ or Amagi ‘s services.
Personal data is received by the Ad Platform from end users of Digital Publishers. Please refer to the privacy policies of the Digital Publishers and their online services that You use (the term “You”, “Your”, or “Yourself” as used herein shall mean an Internet user) to understand how they collect, store and process personal data. Amagi is not responsible for the processing of personal data by its Customers.
How will We use Your personal data?
Amagi collects personal data so that it can:
- Serve advertisement on the device of Internet users.
- Prepare analytics and provide reports to Digital Publishers about Internet users preferences and effectiveness of advertisements by combining personal data with other content metadata.
- Prepare targeting segment to enable advertisement partners to effectively target the advertisements.
We may share the data that we receive about You as follows:
- Partners: We may share with advertisement exchanges, supply side platforms and other networks to enable them to target their advertisements and understand performance and effectiveness of the advertisements.
- Other third parties: We may share with other third parties that support Amagi with business activities/ services to enable serving of effective and relevant advertisements.
- Affiliates: We may share your personal data to our affiliate to whom we may subcontract some or all of the services.
- Governmental authorities: We may disclose personal data to governmental authorities if the disclosure is required by law, rule, regulation, or order of a court of competent jurisdiction or governmental authority, or regulatory authority. We may also disclose personal data to enforce Amagi ‘s policies or contracts.
- Transition: Transition of services to another service provider in accordance with Amagi ‘s contractual obligations under its agreement with the Digital Publisher.
- Change in control: To a purchaser or successor entity in connection with the sale, merger, assignment, or other transfer of Amagi or any of its affiliates, or a business division of the Amagi or any of its affiliates, or sale of substantially all of the assets of Amagi or any of its affiliates.
How do we store Your personal data?
Amagi has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure security of any personal data that it processes. Amagi also obtains appropriate contractual protection from its partners regarding their collection and use of personal data.
Amagi will retain Your personal data received from Digital Publishers for the duration of the contract with the Digital Publisher, unless otherwise required by applicable laws. After the termination of the contract, Amagi may retain and use such data in aggregated or deidentified format for analytical purposes.-
Data Subject Rights
If You are a data subject from European Economic Area, You are entitled to the following:
- Right of access
You have a right to seek disclosure of personal data that we hold about You.
- Right to rectification
You have a right to seek rectification of inaccurate personal data we hold about You. You also have a right to seek incomplete personal data that we hold about You completed by providing supplementary information.
- Right to erasure/right to be forgotten
You have a right to seek deletion of personal data that we hold about You, if:
Right to restriction of processing
- the purpose for which it was collected is already achieved,
- the consent on which the processing is based is withdrawn;
- You have objected to the processing, and Amagi does not have any other reasons for continuing with the processing;
- the processing is unlawful;
- Amagi has to delete to comply with a legal obligation.
You have a right to request restriction of processing, if:
Right to data portability
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by You and the accuracy is being verified,
- processing of personal data by Amagi is unlawful but You have objected to the deletion;
- Amagi no longer needs the personal data but You have objected to the deletion.
You have a right to receive the personal data that Amagi holds about You in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have a right to have Amagi send such organized information to another organization processing Your personal data. Right to Object
You have the right to object to Amagi’s processing of Your personal data, under certain circumstances.
If You are a resident of the State of California, You are entitled to the following:
- right to seek deletion of personal data that Amagi holds of You.
- right to seek disclosure of personal data that Amagi has collected in the preceding 12-month period.
- right to opt-out of selling of Your personal data by writing to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If You make a request, we will respond to you within a reasonable time. If You would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at our email:email@example.com.
Cookies are text files placed on Your device to collect information described above. When You visit the Digital Publisher’s property, Amagi or its partners may collect information from You automatically through cookies or similar technologies.
Information about Children
Amagi complies with the requirements under applicable privacy laws such as Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act 1998 and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation of European Union and European Economic Area and does not knowingly collect or use personal data about children.
How to contact us