Technical Account Director will be responsible for customer delight and success through the life cycle of the customer from technical qualification, demonstrations, POCs, post sales onboarding and customer service management.
The Technical Account Director will work with sales team and focus on the full-cycle presale process, from providing technical product knowledge, design solutions, work closely with engineering, product and Sales team and making product trials a success.
The Technical Account Director will also frontend discussion during the onboarding of new channels. The process involves standard steps - identifying requirements, identifying risks, coordination with internal and external teams, status reporting and formal handover/closure. Regular communication is required with channels, partners and internal teams to align on the project goals and risks. Beyond onboarding phase, the Technical account Director is expected to serve as point of contact with customer for any technical escalation and issue resolution.
Technical Customer Service for Existing Accounts
- Ensure Customer delight by understanding customer requirements, documenting them for internal execution and delivery and distribution
- Attend meetings with existing customers to understand
- new technical and business requirements,
- current operational & technical issues with Amagi solutions deployed
- Coordinate closely with internal engineering, procurement and design resources to align solution design with customers’ for new requirements and resolutions of an open technical issues on current deployments
- Tracking and status reporting to stakeholders through regular reviews and dashboard publishing
Pre-Sales Qualification for New Accounts:
- Successfully “sell” Amagi products to customers from a technical stand point.
- Pre-sales technical presentations, interactions with customers based on knowledge of Amagi’s products
- Support with technical qualification of each account
- Thoroughly demonstrate Amagi’s products & platforms to potential customer stake holders with varied technical knowledge to ensure client understanding.
- To define the scope and running custom Proof of concept trials with customers.
- Build relationship and work with customer’s engineering and operations team.
- Monitor customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Coordinate closely with internal sales, engineering, procurement and design resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements. Understand, consult and integrate Amagi platform with existing customer workflows
- Interface with the onboarding team, articulating customer requirement, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to delivery
Pricing and Bid Management
- Structure and produce compelling sales proposals/commercial and technical documentation outlining the cost savings and business benefits to customers.
- Plan and manage bid process (RFI/RFQs).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in planning and project management of delivery to customers
- Experience in working with cross functional teams responsible for customer delivery
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Knowledge/understanding in the broadcast / OTT / Digital media space.
- Working knowledge of channel provisioning and scheduling, ad insertion, stream delivery via multiple mechanisms like satellite, IP, Fiber, Zixi / OTT would be a positive
- Ability to understand the underlying technology, simplifying it for potential customersand communicating it effectively