Technical Project Manager (Onboarding)
Project manager will be responsible to execute the onboarding of new channels using Amagi solutions. The process involves standard steps - identifying requirements, planning, identifying risks, coordination with internal and external teams, execution, status reporting and formal handover/closure. Regular communication is required with channels, partners and internal teams to align on the project goals and risks. Additionally, there is need to setup and continuous improvement of processes, checklist, documents and other artifacts required for onboarding and regular operations. Beyond onboarding phase, onboarding manager is expected to serve as point of contact with customer for escalation and issue resolution till channel operations are smooth. This involves periodic review over meeting, continuous update on status of major issues and progress of features.
- Identify requirements - hardware, infrastructure and software customization
- Planning, tracking and status reporting to stakeholders
- Coordination with teams - purchase, shipping, engineering, support, finance, vendors, partners and customers
- Ensure that workflows are established for operational phase
- SOP for channel operations, incidents
- Regular review mechanism with customers, partners and internal teams
- Publish dashboard on ongoing projects and channels
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in planning and project management of delivery to customers
- Knowledge of IT and (or) Broadcast services, deployment, challenges in them is a must.
- Experience in managing small to medium teams responsible for customer delivery
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal is important as customers are from different geographies
- Preference for candidates who have worked in the broadcast / OTT / Digital media space.
- Working knowledge of channel provisioning and scheduling, ad insertion (static and dynamic), stream delivery via multiple mechanisms like satellite, IP, Fibre, Zixi / VideoFlow / OTT is a major preference
- Candidates who have experience working with large broadcast players
- Ability to understand the underlying tech, simplifying it for potential customers and communicating it effectively