About Amagi(www.amagi.com) :
Media business like many other businesses is transforming from a brick-n-mortar operations to a cloud-based operations workflow. This is delivering dramatic business advantages as well as flexible business models. Amagi pioneered this trend in 2014 and is leading the charge in building the next generation media technology platform entirely on the cloud, leveraging cloud economics, infrastructure flexibilities and combining this with automation and machine learning capabilities to fundamentally re-imagine the media processing, distribution and monetization workflow.
Amagi’s platform has won numerous awards and is deployed in over 40 countries. 150+ channels use Amagi platform. Amagi’s client list includes Turner, AMC, Scripps, Bloomberg, IMG, Zee, Viacom18 and growing rapidly.
The company is funded to the tune of USD 50M by marquee investors Premji Invest, Emerald Media (KKR fund) and Mayfield Fund.
We are looking for people to join our team who believe in our mission and are passionate about technology and the transformations that it can bring to the media business.
We are looking for a experienced, inventive, passionate, hands-on Engineering Manager to lead and contribute to one of our product line in Bangalore. You will lead a group of engineers and will help to develop scalable applications which are used by hundreds of TV broadcasters for day to day operations. As a Manager you will be responsible for building a talented team, mentoring them and driving the product roadmap and direction. You will work closely with product management to drive roadmap, your peers across the company to ensure Integration, Operations and Program Management to drive roll out and customer support to support deployment.
- Excellent leadership skills and communication skills to mentor the engineers under you.
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set up.
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
- Strong object-oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- Solid understanding of business processes and the application of technology to implement and thereafter streamline them.
Proven hands-on work experience with:
- Configuration management with Git (multiple production, custom, experimental and dev branches being active in various stages of development)
- Well versed with development workflows for distributed systems deployed on the cloud (preferably AWS)
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment workflows with tools such as Jenkins & CircleCI
- Establishing and maintaining unit, integration and system test mechanisms in staging, pre-production and production environments.