- Website Usage Data
- Business Contacts Data
- How Data is Used and Shared
- Google Analytics
- Tracking Technologies
- Use of Information by Third Parties for Advertising and Marketing Purposes
- Your Choices
- Privacy Rights
- Legal Bases for Use of Your Personal Data
- Storage of Information
- Information Security
- Data Retention
- Our Website and Children
- Data Subject Access Requests
- US State Privacy Laws
Website Usage Data
When you visit or use the Website, we collect information about how you use the Website, including IP addresses, cookie information, browser type, device type, operating system, user agent, time and day of the visit, length of visit, what site you came from, what site you visit when you leave us, device ID and/or advertising ID, navigation through the Website, pages visited, time spent and device and browser settings (collectively, “Usage Data”).
If you choose, you may provide additional information, such as first name, last name, company name, title, phone number, and email address (“Registration Data”). If you are a customer, you may be provided with the opportunity to register for an account with us, in which case you may also select or may be given login credentials (“Account Data”).
Business Contacts Data
We may collect or process information about you if you or your employer has a business relationship with us. You could be a customer, supplier, or prospect (e.g., a publisher, a marketer, etc.). The information we collect about you refers to you in your professional capacity (name, email address, billing address, office address, phone number, title, and company). Such information can be collected from exchanging emails or business cards, meeting at industry events, trade shows, or client sessions, or from third parties (e.g., a client making a referral, an event promotions company, etc.).
How Data is Used and Shared
We use and retain the information we collect about you in order to monitor and assist in improvements to our Website and Services, to customise content and/or advertising displayed to you pertaining to our Services, to communicate information related to our products and services (maintain and improve the performance of our Website, and for security or authentication purposes.
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties:
- to enable our third-party partners to perform services for us. For instance, such information may be shared with companies that operate or help us operate our Website, perform authentication or analytics, or send emails on our behalf;
- to enable the processing of the payments you make to us on our behalf;
- if we believe we are required by law to do so, or if we believe that the disclosure is required or necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- if we believe that it is required by law enforcement in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or a potential threat to our Website or Services or a third party;
- if the information is required by our legal, financial, and other professional advisors or our web developers when we upgrade or improve our Website;
- with any affiliate, parent, or subsidiary company of ours, with an entity who acquires us, or with a successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold, we may give our customer files as part of that transaction; or
- otherwise, with your consent.
We use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, to help analyse how visitors use the Website. Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on a visitor’s computer or device, to track the visitor’s activity (including information such as the visitor’s flow, location by country, language, browser, and OS, ISP, and devices) on the Website. We use this service with a view to analyse usage across devices and offer improvements for all visitors. To learn more about Google Analytics, please click here. To opt out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, please click here
For our EU based website visitors, we may also put in place a cookie control tool on our site.
Use of Information by Third Parties for Advertising and Marketing Purposes
We use third-party partners to perform various services for us, such as displaying ads for our Services on third-party websites, applications, and other forms of media and tailoring such ads to the visitor’s interests and behaviour. Please visit “Your Choices” below to learn more about your choices to opt out of tailored advertising.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, please click the unsubscribe link in the email. Even if you opt out of marketing messages, if you have an account with us, we will still send you transactional messages, which include service-related communications and responses to your questions.
You may opt out of tailored advertising from many of our third-party partners by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page, the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page. Please note that any opt-out choice you exercise will apply to the interest-based advertising by the third-party partners you select but may still allow data collection for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests.
You may also opt out of certain advertising features through applicable device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile phones or ads settings in general.
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom, have certain statutory rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in relation to their personal data.
Legal Bases for Use of Your Personal Data
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To honour our contractual commitments to you.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your consent. Where you have provided consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time for future data use.
- Legitimate interest: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals, such as:
- Providing a positive user experience.
- Providing customer service;
- Protecting our service;
- Analysing and improving our business; and
- Managing legal issues and fulfilling legal obligations.
Storage of Information
The information that we collect from you and about you may be transferred to and stored in a country other than your country of residence, which may not offer the same level of protection of personal information as your country of residence. However, we will take contractual and/or other measures when and as required by applicable law, designed to ensure your Personal Data is protected; this also includes Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested or for other essential purposes, such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
Our Website and Children
Data Subject Access Requests
Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request:
- a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you;
- to correct the Personal Data we hold about you;
- to delete your Personal Data;
- to object to the processing of your Personal Data for certain purposes;
- to exercise your choices with regard to sharing your Personal Data as noted under "Your Choices" above;
- to restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our services;
- to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority if you consider that processing your personal data infringes applicable law. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern; or
- to object to processing your personal information where it is so conducted by automated means and involves any kind of decision-making subject to discovery that your data was used for automated means.
You can exercise these rights by sending us an email or by writing to us at the details given below. We will process requests within the period stipulated under applicable law. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and/or the jurisdiction in which you reside. If your request is complicated or if you have made many requests, it may take us longer. We will let you know if we need more time to respond.
There may be exceptions to the rights for specific legal reasons, which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. For instance, if you ask for your account to be closed, we will do this as soon as reasonably possible, subject to any applicable terms and conditions relating to the Account. If permitted by law, Personal Data from closed accounts may be retained in order to comply with legal obligations, prevent fraud or resolve disputes.
U.S. State Privacy Laws
Please refer to our U.S. State Privacy Laws page.
or by writing to us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Amagi Media Labs Private Limited
Raj Alkaa Park, Sy. No. 29/3 and 32/2, 4th Floor
Kalena Agrahara Village, Begur Hobli,
Bengaluru - 560 076.
This Policy was last updated on: May 18, 2023