NEW YORK, April 1, 2021
ABS-CBN Consolidates Operations on the Cloud with Amagi
Amagi, a global leader in SaaS for broadcast and streaming TV on the cloud, today announced that ABS-CBN Corporation, Philippines' leading media and entertainment organization, has partnered with Amagi to consolidate its operations on cloud to expand its reach and gain greater flexibility.
ABS-CBN is the Philippines’ leading media and entertainment organization that is primarily involved in content creation and production for television, online, and over-the-top platforms, cable, satellite, cinema, events, and online radio for domestic and international audiences.
In early February, seven global channels from ABS-CBN Corporation went live with Amagi CLOUDPORT platform. With the cloud-based channel playout and live automation platform, Amagi CLOUDPORT, ABS-CBN now manages end-to-end workflow on the cloud, eliminating the need for expensive hardware/broadcast center operations, giving it the flexibility to run its global channels with live news from anywhere. The transition to Amagi cloud solutions enabled ABS-CBN to reduce its cost of operations by nearly 30 percent.
“We were looking for a modern, cloud-based solution that could integrate seamlessly with our current live and non-live workflow requirements providing the same level or better comfort to our operations team as we did this transformation” said Erwin Malimban, Head of Broadcast Technology, ABS-CBN Corporation. “The Amagi team not only brought deep technical capabilities but also had extensive working knowledge with respect to the various processes and operational requirements. This enabled us to make a seamless transition to the cloud.”
“ABS-CBN is one of the most forward-thinking media companies in the region and we are honored to work with them for their cloud transformation,” said Srinivasan KA, co-founder, Amagi. “Besides, a consolidated solution on the cloud helped ABS-CBN do away with a lot of existing legacy infrastructure, which translates into lower costs, fewer overheads, more efficient operations, and the ability to free up resources to focus on other priorities.”
Overall, Amagi manages 400+ channels, with deliveries in more than 40 countries. The company operates a state-of-the-art cloud broadcast operations center that can support 1000+ live linear channels. Amagi clients include A+E Networks UK, beIN Sports, CuriosityStream, Discovery Networks, IMG, Tastemade, Tegna, VENN, Vice Media, and Warner Media, among others.
For more information about Amagi and its streaming TV solutions, visit www.amagi.com.
About ABS-CBN Corporation (www.abs-cbn.com)
ABS-CBN Corporation is the Philippines' leading media and entertainment organization. It is primarily involved in content creation and production for television, online, and over-the-top platforms, cable, satellite, cinema, live events, and radio for domestic and international markets.
ABS-CBN Corporation Press Contact:
Head Broadcast Technology
About Amagi (www.amagi.com)
Amagi is a next-gen media tech company that provides cloud broadcast and streaming TV solutions to TV networks, content owners and streaming TV platforms. Amagi enables content owners to launch, distribute and monetize live linear channels on Free-Ad-Supported TV and SVOD platforms. Amagi also offers 24x7 cloud managed services bringing simplicity, advanced automation, and transparency to the entire broadcast operations for traditional TV networks. Amagi delivers 400+ channels with deployments in over 40 countries. Amagi has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, New Delhi and Bangalore.
Head of Global Marketing
BLASTmedia for Amagi
317-806-1900 x 142
- Amagi Assists Mainstream Media AG With the Launch of the First Female-Centred FAST Channel in Germany
- FINTECH.TV Launches its Global Fintech News Channel on FAST With Amagi
- Amagi to Distribute CJ ENM Content to Top OTT Platforms in the USA
- XITE goes on a FAST-spree with Amagi
- Amagi appoints Vijay NP as its CFO as it prepares for accelerated scaling
- Plex joins Amagi’s CTV content marketplace as a platform partner
- Amagi announces its new development center in Croatia
- Amagi’s latest Global FAST Report confirms significant growth for Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV (FAST) in Europe
- Fuse Media expands its growing FAST distribution with Amagi
- Amagi appoints Rajagopal Baskaran as SVP of AdTech Product Development
- Amagi acquires Streamwise to add more power to its streaming data analytics solutions
- Amagi Raises Over $100 Million from General Atlantic to Propel Growth as Next-Generation Media Technology Platform