New York, April 14, 2023
Amagi Announces Agreement with the National Hockey League as League’s FAST Channel Technology Provider
Amagi, the global leader in cloud-based SaaS technology for broadcast and connected TV today announced that the National Hockey League (NHL®) has selected the company to create and distribute its first Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) channel to The Roku Channel as well as future platforms. The channel features programming from the NHL’s content library as well as memorable highlights from past games including the Stanley Cup® Playoffs, Stanley Cup Final®, NHL All-Star games, and more.
“The NHL’s foray into ad-supported streaming TV gives the FAST content ecosystem a massive boost,” said Srinivasan KA, Co-founder & Chief Revenue Officer at Amagi. “It also offers NHL fans the opportunity to relive the best moments from their favorite sporting events and stay engaged with NHL content at all times. Enabling the NHL to build this channel and get it featured on the top FAST platforms in the USA has been a dream come true for Amagi.”
The NHL utilized Amagi’s broadcast-grade channel playout solution, Amagi CLOUDPORT, to create and distribute their FAST channel with a content lineup that includes post-game highlights to continue serving passionate hockey fans.
“We knew that Amagi’s cloud-based solutions and extensive platform integrations would make our entry into FAST effortless,” said Chris Foster, Vice President, Digital Business Development, NHL. “As expected, their ultra-reliable technology and comprehensive distribution network helped us deliver a flawless viewing experience to our fans.”
Amagi provides a complete suite of solutions for channel creation, distribution, and monetization. Amagi’s global clients include ABS-CBN, AccuWeather, A+E Networks UK, beIN Sports, Cinedigm, Cox Media Group, Crackle Plus, Fremantle, Gannett, Gusto TV, NBCUniversal, PAC-12, Tastemade, The Roku Channel and Vice Media, among others. For more information about Amagi and its streaming TV solutions, visit www.amagi.com.
Amagi is a next-generation media technology company that provides cloud broadcast and targeted advertising solutions to broadcast TV and streaming TV platforms. Amagi enables content owners to launch, distribute, and monetize live linear channels on Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) and video services platforms. Amagi also offers 24x7 cloud-managed services bringing simplicity, advanced automation, and transparency to the entire broadcast operations. Overall, Amagi supports 700+ content brands, 800+ playout chains, and over 2100 channel deliveries on its platform in over 40 countries. Amagi has a presence in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, London, Paris, Melbourne, Seoul, Singapore, and broadcast operations in New Delhi, and an innovation center in Bangalore.
- Amagi Maximizes Distribution of Live Sporting Events to CTV Platforms for Krave Media’s MTRSPT1 Channel
- acTVe Partners With Amagi for Playout, Distribution, and Monetization of Its Premium Sports FAST Channels
- Amagi signs a definitive agreement to acquire Tellyo’s business
- Amagi and Cineverse form Strategic Partnership to Offer end-to-end FAST solutions for Video Service Providers
- Amagi and AD Digital Partner to Launch TV Aparecida’s New FAST Channel
- Amagi Recognized as a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Media and Entertainment 2023
- Amagi’s Ninth FAST Report Underscores Regional and Global Growth and Defines Next Steps for Evolution
- Amagi Announces Strategic Alliance With TAG Video Systems to Elevate FAST Channel Monitoring Capabilities
- Amagi Announces Strategic Partnership with Tellyo to Integrate Advanced Video Toolset for Sports and News Broadcasters
- Amagi Transforms Single Live Events Broadcasting With the Launch of Cloud-based Amagi DYNAMIC
- Imagine Communications and Amagi Launch Direct Sales Tools for FAST: Transforming Monetization Strategies for Streaming TV
- Amagi Powers Urban Edge Network’s Premium Sports Content