Bangalore, December 1, 2022
Amagi appoints Rajagopal Baskaran as SVP of AdTech Product Development
Rajagopal brings deep experience from the AdTech industry to accelerate FAST innovation at Amagi and deliver superior experiences.
Amagi, the global leader in cloud-based SaaS technology for broadcast and connected TV today announced the appointment of Rajagopal Baskaran as Senior Vice President of Product Development - AdTech. Rajagopal is an AdTech heavyweight with a passion for elevating connected TV experiences. In this role, he will put into action his deep technical know-how and industry insights to elevate Amagi’s portfolio of offerings, particularly in content discoverability, personalization, and ad monetization.
“We’re confident that Rajagopal's experience in the media and ad tech industry will prove invaluable as we work to deliver richer and more immersive experiences to content owners, users, and advertisers alike,” said Baskar Subramanian, co-founder and CEO, Amagi. “We see him playing a crucial role in our next phase of growth. I extend a hearty welcome to Rajagopal as he joins the Amagi family.”
Rajagopal has previously served as the Senior Director of CDP and ad platform engineering at ESPN, where he created a knowledge base for ads and a personalization platform for digital and linear content. Prior to this, he was the Senior Director of Engineering for Rubicon Project, leading mobile and video ad experiences. In the past, he has served as the Director of Engineering for Yahoo Inc. He has also worked with non-profit organizations, helping them improve their technology adoption.
“We are witnessing the convergence of linear and digital broadcasting and the ongoing shift to OTT, CTV, and FAST platforms. This is an area that I am passionate about, and I believe that Amagi is one of the few companies that can disrupt the entire digital broadcasting space across publishers, users, and advertisers, " said Rajagopal Baskaran. “Every conversation with the founders and extended teams at Amagi has been interesting and exciting, and I look forward to the journey ahead as we work to deliver superior experiences.”
Amagi provides a complete suite of solutions for channel creation, distribution and monetization. Amagi’s clients include ABS-CBN, A+E Networks UK, beIN Sports, Curiosity Stream, Cinedigm, Warner Bros. Discovery, Fox Networks, Fremantle, Gannett, Gusto TV, NBCUniversal, Tastemade, Tegna, and Vice Media among others.
For more information about Amagi and its streaming TV solutions, visit www.amagi.com.
Amagi is a next-generation media technology company that provides cloud broadcast and targeted advertising solutions to broadcast TV and streaming TV platforms. Amagi enables content owners to launch, distribute and monetize live linear channels on Free Ad-supported Streaming TV and video services platforms. Amagi also offers 24x7 cloud-managed services bringing simplicity, advanced automation, and transparency to the entire broadcast operations. Overall, Amagi supports 700+ content brands, 800+ playout chains, and over 2100 channel deliveries on its platform in over 40 countries. Amagi has a presence in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, London, Paris, Melbourne, Seoul, Singapore, and broadcast operations in New Delhi, and an innovation center in Bangalore.
Vice President - Corporate Marketing
India PR Contact:
- Amagi’s latest Global FAST Report shows Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV (FAST) is growing steadily in India
- A+E Networks EMEA Expands its FAST Footprint With Amagi
- Amagi Unveils CONNECT: A Global Online FAST Marketplace for Platforms and Content Partners
- Estrella Media Bolsters and Expands Its Leading Presence in Spanish-Language FAST Channels with Amagi
- Amagi Announces Agreement with the National Hockey League as League’s FAST Channel Technology Provider
- Sinclair Selects Amagi as Partner in Migrating Local Broadcast Automation and Playout to the Cloud
- Imagine Communications and Amagi Announce Strategic Partnership
- Amagi and Encompass Digital Media Partner to Provide Best-In-Class Cloud Solutions and Managed Services to Their Global Customers
- Canela Media’s FAST Platform Gets the Amagi Advantage
- Amagi Assists Mainstream Media AG With the Launch of the First Female-Centred FAST Channel in Germany
- FINTECH.TV Launches its Global Fintech News Channel on FAST With Amagi
- Amagi to Distribute CJ ENM Content to Top OTT Platforms in the USA