Bangalore, July 27, 2022
Amagi names Prasad Menon its new Chief People Officer
The announcement comes on the heels of a successful funding round that catapulted the company to unicorn status and established global business expansion as a core priority.
Amagi, a global leader in cloud-based SaaS technology for broadcast and connected TV, today announced that Prasad Menon will join its leadership team as Chief People Officer. In this role, Prasad will lead Amagi’s global talent acquisition efforts, talent management, leadership development, and overall people practices and culture.
The company has been expanding its employee base in multiple regions across the Americas, Europe, Asia and Oceania. The announcement reaffirms the company’s commitment to onboarding the best talent across the various geographies and establishing growth-led people management practices internally.
Prasad has been a prominent member of the human resources community in India for over 25 years. He has held senior leadership roles at McAfee, Cleartrip, Flipkart, and recently Edifecs Technologies.
“Amagi is expanding at breathtaking speed and the need of the hour is an HR leader who can deftly combine strategy, talent, and culture,” said Baskar Subramanian, CEO & Co-founder of Amagi. “Prasad is not only an expert at organizational effectiveness but a thoughtful leader with a strong belief in building and nurturing a humane workforce. With Prasad at the helm, we’re confident of creating a superior workplace that many will aspire to be a part of.”
“I am joining a rocket ship that is on accelerated growth momentum, and I have a unique opportunity to shape its growth with the best possible talent and people practices. This is every HR leader’s dream. I eagerly look forward to embarking on this journey,” said Prasad Menon, CPO, Amagi.
Amagi provides a complete suite of solutions for channel creation, distribution and monetization for broadcast and streaming TV customers, globally. The company supports 800+ content brands, manages over 2,000 channel deliveries, and services 50 billion ad opportunities. Amagi clients include ABS-CBN, A+E Networks UK, beIN Sports, Curiosity Stream, Discovery Networks, Fox Networks, Fremantle, Gusto TV, NBCUniversal, Tastemade, Tegna, USA Today, Vice Media and Warner Media, among others.
For more information about Amagi and its streaming TV solutions, visit www.amagi.com.
Amagi is a next-generation media technology company that provides cloud broadcast and targeted advertising solutions to broadcast TV and streaming TV platforms. Amagi enables content owners to launch, distribute and monetize live linear channels on Free-Ad-Supported TV and video services platforms. Amagi also offers 24x7 cloud-managed services bringing simplicity, advanced automation, and transparency to the entire broadcast operations. Overall, Amagi supports 650+ content brands, 800+ playout chains, and over 2000 channel deliveries on its platform in over 40 countries. Amagi has a presence in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, London, Paris, Singapore, broadcast operations in New Delhi, and an innovation center in Bangalore.
Head of Global Marketing
- Amagi Announces Strategic Partnership with Tellyo to Integrate Advanced Video Toolset for Sports and News Broadcasters
- Amagi Transforms Single Live Events Broadcasting With the Launch of Cloud-based Amagi DYNAMIC
- Imagine Communications and Amagi Launch Direct Sales Tools for FAST: Transforming Monetization Strategies for Streaming TV
- Amagi Powers Urban Edge Network’s Premium Sports Content
- Virgin Media Unveils New FAST Channels Powered by Amagi and 24i
- Brazil and Mexico Outpace U.S. in CTV Adoption Rates, Amagi's Latest FAST Report Discovers
- Newco embraces FAST, partners with Amagi and AD Digital to kickstart their streaming journey
- SBT Launches Its First FAST Channel, TV Zyn, With Amagi and AD Digital
- Amagi Announces Partnership With TCL to Launch New Streaming Options
- Astro and Amagi launch Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV service on sooka
- CIAO USA TV Expands Its FAST Presence With Amagi
- Amagi Partners KC Global Media on the Launch of Animax, Asia’s Leading Anime Channel in India