Bangalore, July 27, 2022
Amagi names Prasad Menon its new Chief People Officer
The announcement comes on the heels of a successful funding round that catapulted the company to unicorn status and established global business expansion as a core priority.
Amagi, a global leader in cloud-based SaaS technology for broadcast and connected TV, today announced that Prasad Menon will join its leadership team as Chief People Officer. In this role, Prasad will lead Amagi’s global talent acquisition efforts, talent management, leadership development, and overall people practices and culture.
The company has been expanding its employee base in multiple regions across the Americas, Europe, Asia and Oceania. The announcement reaffirms the company’s commitment to onboarding the best talent across the various geographies and establishing growth-led people management practices internally.
Prasad has been a prominent member of the human resources community in India for over 25 years. He has held senior leadership roles at McAfee, Cleartrip, Flipkart, and recently Edifecs Technologies.
“Amagi is expanding at breathtaking speed and the need of the hour is an HR leader who can deftly combine strategy, talent, and culture,” said Baskar Subramanian, CEO & Co-founder of Amagi. “Prasad is not only an expert at organizational effectiveness but a thoughtful leader with a strong belief in building and nurturing a humane workforce. With Prasad at the helm, we’re confident of creating a superior workplace that many will aspire to be a part of.”
“I am joining a rocket ship that is on accelerated growth momentum, and I have a unique opportunity to shape its growth with the best possible talent and people practices. This is every HR leader’s dream. I eagerly look forward to embarking on this journey,” said Prasad Menon, CPO, Amagi.
Amagi provides a complete suite of solutions for channel creation, distribution and monetization for broadcast and streaming TV customers, globally. The company supports 800+ content brands, manages over 2,000 channel deliveries, and services 50 billion ad opportunities. Amagi clients include ABS-CBN, A+E Networks UK, beIN Sports, Curiosity Stream, Discovery Networks, Fox Networks, Fremantle, Gusto TV, NBCUniversal, Tastemade, Tegna, USA Today, Vice Media and Warner Media, among others.
For more information about Amagi and its streaming TV solutions, visit www.amagi.com.
Amagi is a next-generation media technology company that provides cloud broadcast and targeted advertising solutions to broadcast TV and streaming TV platforms. Amagi enables content owners to launch, distribute and monetize live linear channels on Free-Ad-Supported TV and video services platforms. Amagi also offers 24x7 cloud-managed services bringing simplicity, advanced automation, and transparency to the entire broadcast operations. Overall, Amagi supports 650+ content brands, 800+ playout chains, and over 2000 channel deliveries on its platform in over 40 countries. Amagi has a presence in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, London, Paris, Singapore, broadcast operations in New Delhi, and an innovation center in Bangalore.
Head of Global Marketing
- Amagi appoints Rajagopal Baskaran as SVP of AdTech Product Development
- Amagi acquires Streamwise to add more power to its streaming data analytics solutions
- Amagi Raises Over $100 Million from General Atlantic to Propel Growth as Next-Generation Media Technology Platform
- Vevo Partners with Amagi to Support Its Global CTV Expansion
- QYOU Media India grows its reach and revenue with Amagi
- Amagi strengthens its presence in Northeast Asia with the launch of South Korea Operations
- Amagi and AD Digital strengthen their collaboration to accelerate cloud adoption among broadcasters in Latin America
- Amagi NOW accelerates time to market and revenue realization for content owners and platforms
- Amagi announces its cloud playout solution on Google Cloud Marketplace
- Experience the limitless possibilities of TV and OTT at the Amagi FAST Conference 2022 in Los Angeles
- Real time live orchestration of events on TV and OTT becomes seamless with Amagi LIVE
- Workflow efficiencies take center stage in the new and refreshed Amagi CLOUDPORT