NEW YORK, March 16, 2021
Amagi Partners with Google Cloud to Accelerate Cloud Adoption in Media and Entertainment Industry
Amagi, a global leader in cloud-based SaaS technology for broadcast and streaming TV, today announced that its award-winning cloud solutions are now available on Google Cloud’s platform for media and entertainment companies across the globe. Broadcast and streaming TV companies can launch, manage, and distribute linear channels - all on Google Cloud.
As a result of this partnership, customers will be able to deploy Amagi’s flagship cloud playout platform, CLOUDPORT, on Google Cloud to spin up 24x7 linear programming. “Amagi is a pioneer in cloud broadcasting, and has championed cloud transition in the industry. Our customers can now power their broadcast workflows using Amagi’s next-gen solutions,” said Kip Schauer, Global Head of Media & Entertainment, Gaming Partnerships, Google Cloud. “We are excited to have Amagi as a partner, and to jointly work with them to enable our customers to leverage the full potential of cloud and future-proof their businesses.”
Amagi’s solutions have been architected for the cloud, and give tremendous flexibility for customers to manage their workloads, optimize usage, and save costs. “We are a cloud-born company. All our products and solutions are designed for cloud, capable of scaling to support dynamic needs of customers’ businesses. By partnering with Google Cloud, we are expanding the choices for our industry to implement best-in-class cloud solutions,” said Srinivasan KA, co-founder, Amagi. “We are delighted that this partnership has come at a time when the industry is increasingly looking to virtualize operations and adapt to multi-screen viewing. Amagi and Google Cloud present an attractive option for customers to choose from, as they transition to cloud.”
Amagi has been responding to a strong demand for cloud solutions. The company grew revenues by 151 percent YoY for the quarter ending December. It manages 400+ channels with deliveries in more than 40 countries across cable, DTH, and OTT platforms. The company has a state-of-the-art cloud broadcast operations center that can support 1,000+ linear channels. Amagi clients include A+E Networks UK, beIN Sports, CuriosityStream, Discovery Networks, Fox Networks, NBCUniversal, Cinedigm, Tastemade, Tegna, VENN, Vice Media, and Warner Media, among others.
Last year alone, Amagi added close to 200 streaming channels on its platform. It has deep technical integration with leading Free Ad Supported Streaming TV (FAST) platforms: The Roku Channel, Samsung TV Plus, Pluto TV, Xumo, STIRR, Redbox, VIZIO, Plex, Sling, Tivo and more.
For more information about Amagi and its streaming TV solutions, visit www.amagi.com.
About Amagi: (www.amagi.com)
Amagi is a next-gen media tech company that provides cloud broadcast and streaming TV solutions to TV networks, content owners and streaming TV platforms. Amagi enables content owners to launch, distribute and monetize live linear channels on Free-Ad-Supported TV and SVOD platforms. Amagi also offers 24x7 cloud managed services bringing simplicity, advanced automation, and transparency to the entire broadcast operations for traditional TV networks. Amagi delivers 400+ channels with deployments in over 40 countries. Amagi has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, New Delhi and Bangalore.
- Amagi Announces Strategic Partnership with Tellyo to Integrate Advanced Video Toolset for Sports and News Broadcasters
- Amagi Transforms Single Live Events Broadcasting With the Launch of Cloud-based Amagi DYNAMIC
- Imagine Communications and Amagi Launch Direct Sales Tools for FAST: Transforming Monetization Strategies for Streaming TV
- Amagi Powers Urban Edge Network’s Premium Sports Content
- Virgin Media Unveils New FAST Channels Powered by Amagi and 24i
- Brazil and Mexico Outpace U.S. in CTV Adoption Rates, Amagi's Latest FAST Report Discovers
- Newco embraces FAST, partners with Amagi and AD Digital to kickstart their streaming journey
- SBT Launches Its First FAST Channel, TV Zyn, With Amagi and AD Digital
- Amagi Announces Partnership With TCL to Launch New Streaming Options
- Astro and Amagi launch Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV service on sooka
- CIAO USA TV Expands Its FAST Presence With Amagi
- Amagi Partners KC Global Media on the Launch of Animax, Asia’s Leading Anime Channel in India