LONDON, August 19, 2020
VICE TV Transitions UK and France Linear Channels to Amagi Cloud
Amagi, a global leader in cloud-based technology for broadcast and streaming TV, today announced that VICE TV, the Emmy®-winning international television network from VICE Media Group, has transitioned its UK and French channels to Amagi’s fully virtual cloud playout platform. All international services of VICE TV channels covering APAC and EMEA are now fully managed by Amagi.
“Amagi has been a great partner as we have pioneered adoption of cloud based services to augment our international distribution. The fully virtual playout deployment for our UK and France services, marks a natural transition as we continue to improve efficiencies in our operations”, said Tim Bertioli, SVP, Global Media Operations – VICE Media Group.
For VICE TV, Amagi deployed CLOUDPORT, its award-winning cloud-based channel playout platform that offers broadcast-grade quality with the flexibility of true cloud deployment. Using Amagi cloud platform built on AWS public cloud infrastructure, VICE TV was able to deliver seven channels globally, expanding on its existing channel bouquet for the regions. CLOUDPORT-powered linear channel creation enabled VICE TV to offer a rich viewing experience for the users with advanced dynamic graphics.
“Moving VICE TV to a fully virtualized playout infrastructure was the next logical step in our technology partnership”, said Srinivasan K.A., co-founder, Amagi. “It helps us to create a robust and scalable broadcast infrastructure for VICE TV with built-in redundancy and security. Through our vast delivery network, we are able to distribute VICE TV content to a wider audience on a global scale.”
Overall, Amagi manages 350+ channels, with deployments in more than 40 countries. Amagi clients include A+E Networks UK, Curiosity Stream, Discovery, Fox Networks, MGM, NBCUniversal, People TV, Tegna, and Warner Media, among others.
For more information about Amagi and its cloud-based broadcast and advertising solutions, visit www.amagi.com
About Amagi www amagi.com
Amagi is a next-generation media technology company that provides cloud broadcast and targeted advertising solutions to broadcast TV and streaming TV platforms. Amagi enables content owners to launch, distribute and monetize live linear channels on Free-Ad-Supported TV and video services platforms. Amagi also offers 24x7 cloud managed services bringing simplicity, advanced automation, and transparency to the entire broadcast operations. Overall, Amagi supports 350+ channels with deployments in over 40 countries. Amagi has offices in New York, Los Angeles, and London, broadcast operations in New Delhi, and an innovation center in Bangalore.
About Vice TV
VICE TV is the Emmy®-winning international television network from VICE Media Group. Since its inception in 2016, the channel has ushered new audiences to cable with its compelling and provocative programming. Boldly redefining news and current affairs, VICE TV produces hundreds of hours of original content for over 160 million homes worldwide. Built around a mission to courageously explore the things that make us uncomfortable, drive curiosity, and awaken our sense of wonder, VICE TV showcases the best in informative and entertaining original series, documentaries and movies.
- Amagi Maximizes Distribution of Live Sporting Events to CTV Platforms for Krave Media’s MTRSPT1 Channel
- acTVe Partners With Amagi for Playout, Distribution, and Monetization of Its Premium Sports FAST Channels
- Amagi signs a definitive agreement to acquire Tellyo’s business
- Amagi and Cineverse form Strategic Partnership to Offer end-to-end FAST solutions for Video Service Providers
- Amagi and AD Digital Partner to Launch TV Aparecida’s New FAST Channel
- Amagi Recognized as a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Media and Entertainment 2023
- Amagi’s Ninth FAST Report Underscores Regional and Global Growth and Defines Next Steps for Evolution
- Amagi Announces Strategic Alliance With TAG Video Systems to Elevate FAST Channel Monitoring Capabilities
- Amagi Announces Strategic Partnership with Tellyo to Integrate Advanced Video Toolset for Sports and News Broadcasters
- Amagi Transforms Single Live Events Broadcasting With the Launch of Cloud-based Amagi DYNAMIC
- Imagine Communications and Amagi Launch Direct Sales Tools for FAST: Transforming Monetization Strategies for Streaming TV
- Amagi Powers Urban Edge Network’s Premium Sports Content