NEW YORK, July 29, 2020
Amagi Delivers 30+ Live and Linear Channels for Streaming on The Roku Channel
Amagi, a global leader in cloud-based technology for broadcast TV and streaming TV, today announced that it now delivers 30+ live and linear channels to The Roku Channel, the home for free and premium entertainment on the Roku® platform. Recently, The Roku Channel reached a milestone of more than 100 live and linear channels, with Amagi delivering popular content brands such as beIN, Buzzr, Cinedigm, Condé Nast, MGM, PeopleTV, Tastemade, TYT Network, and Yahoo Finance, among others.
“Every day, we’re providing millions of customers access to great free entertainment,” said Ashley Hovey, Director of AVOD Growth, at Roku. “Amagi powers channels across a variety of genres, including news, sports, movies, music, lifestyle, kids and family, and Spanish language content to The Roku Channel. By collaborating with Amagi, we continue to bring our users closer to the content they want and love.”
In Q1, The Roku Channel reached households with an estimated 36 million people. Amagi, through its innovative cloud technologies, provides content owners a scalable business opportunity to set up 24/7 linear channels, distribute them to free ad-supported platforms such as The Roku Channel, and monetize the content through Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI).
“Free Ad Supported TV (FAST) is growing rapidly and this new milestone has propelled The Roku Channel to be a very attractive content destination for the streaming TV audience,” said Srinivasan KA, co-founder, Amagi. “Our strong technology stack and deep integration with platforms like The Roku Channel places us in a unique position to maximize reach and revenues for our content partners”.
Overall, Amagi manages 350+ channels, with deliveries in more than 40 countries. Amagi clients include A+E Networks UK, Tastemade, Curiosity Stream, Discovery, Fox Networks, MGM, NBCUniversal, People TV, Vice Media, Tegna, and Warner Media, among others.
For more information about Amagi and its streaming TV solutions, visit www.amagi.com.
About Amagi www amagi.com
Amagi is a next-gen media tech company that provides cloud broadcast and streaming TV solutions to TV networks, content owners and streaming TV platforms. Amagi enables content owners to launch, distribute and monetize live linear channels on Free-Ad-Supported TV and SVOD platforms. Amagi also offers 24x7 cloud managed services bringing simplicity, advanced automation, and transparency to the entire broadcast operations for traditional TV networks. Amagi delivers 350+ channels with deployments in over 40 countries. Amagi has offices in New York, Los Angeles, and London, broadcast operations in New Delhi, and an innovation center in Bangalore.
Roku is a registered trademark of Roku, Inc. in the U.S. and in other countries. Trade names, trademarks and service marks of other companies appearing in this press release are the property of their respective holders.
- Amagi Maximizes Distribution of Live Sporting Events to CTV Platforms for Krave Media’s MTRSPT1 Channel
- acTVe Partners With Amagi for Playout, Distribution, and Monetization of Its Premium Sports FAST Channels
- Amagi signs a definitive agreement to acquire Tellyo’s business
- Amagi and Cineverse form Strategic Partnership to Offer end-to-end FAST solutions for Video Service Providers
- Amagi and AD Digital Partner to Launch TV Aparecida’s New FAST Channel
- Amagi Recognized as a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Media and Entertainment 2023
- Amagi’s Ninth FAST Report Underscores Regional and Global Growth and Defines Next Steps for Evolution
- Amagi Announces Strategic Alliance With TAG Video Systems to Elevate FAST Channel Monitoring Capabilities
- Amagi Announces Strategic Partnership with Tellyo to Integrate Advanced Video Toolset for Sports and News Broadcasters
- Amagi Transforms Single Live Events Broadcasting With the Launch of Cloud-based Amagi DYNAMIC
- Imagine Communications and Amagi Launch Direct Sales Tools for FAST: Transforming Monetization Strategies for Streaming TV
- Amagi Powers Urban Edge Network’s Premium Sports Content