Singapore, June 7, 2023
Amagi Partners KC Global Media on the Launch of Animax, Asia’s Leading Anime Channel in India
KCGM Deploys Premium Anime Channel, Animax Using Amagi’s Cloud-Based SaaS Technology Solutions
Amagi, the global leader in cloud-based SaaS technology for broadcast and connected TV, today announced that KC Global Media Asia (KCGM) has deployed Amagi’s flagship SaaS offerings to distribute its premium anime channel, Animax, across multiple OTT platforms in India. The announcement comes after KCGM, the brainchild of former Sony Executives Andy Kaplan and George Chien, launched Animax, on Indian streaming service provider JioTV. The recent launch has enabled KCGM to venture further into the Southeast Asian market, making its currently distributed premium content more accessible to viewers and better incentivized for advertisers.
Avani Bhanchawat, Vice President & Head of revenue at KC Global Media, said, “We are excited to work with Amagi through their tech solutions to bring anime to a wider audience in India. Through this partnership, anime fans in India now have access to premium, ad-supported content through our recently launched Animax channel.”
A global multimedia company based in the United States, KCGM is Asia’s leading entertainment hub through the production, distribution, and programming of high-quality, ground-breaking content. KCGM plans to deploy even more channels in the region, moving their impressive portfolio of premium content across its networks.
KCGM and Amagi’s partnership is a testament to Amagi’s technology leadership in the global cloud-based SaaS technology solutions market, including a proven track record of multiple successful case studies across the media industry. Currently, KCGM is using Amagi CLOUDPORT for cloud-based channel playout and Amagi THUNDERSTORM for dynamic server-side ad insertion. The combination of technologies has helped KCGM migrate its channels onto the cloud, manage the channels end-to-end using cloud-built platforms, and grow their ad-based revenues through the content using Amagi’s ad solutions. Amagi is also providing KCGM with asset segmentation and scheduling through its managed services function.
“Animax was Amagi’s first-ever large-scale project in Southeast Asia, where Asia’s leading premium anime channel has been delivered to a popular Indian OTT service provider,” said Srinivasan KA, Co-founder and Chief Revenue Officer at Amagi. “KCGM has demonstrated technology leadership with this move, and we’re hopeful that this will set a precedent for other media companies in Southeast Asia to follow suit.”
More information about Amagi and its streaming TV solutions is available at www.amagi.com.
- Amagi Announces Strategic Partnership with Tellyo to Integrate Advanced Video Toolset for Sports and News Broadcasters
- Amagi Transforms Single Live Events Broadcasting With the Launch of Cloud-based Amagi DYNAMIC
- Imagine Communications and Amagi Launch Direct Sales Tools for FAST: Transforming Monetization Strategies for Streaming TV
- Amagi Powers Urban Edge Network’s Premium Sports Content
- Virgin Media Unveils New FAST Channels Powered by Amagi and 24i
- Brazil and Mexico Outpace U.S. in CTV Adoption Rates, Amagi's Latest FAST Report Discovers
- Newco embraces FAST, partners with Amagi and AD Digital to kickstart their streaming journey
- SBT Launches Its First FAST Channel, TV Zyn, With Amagi and AD Digital
- Amagi Announces Partnership With TCL to Launch New Streaming Options
- Astro and Amagi launch Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV service on sooka
- CIAO USA TV Expands Its FAST Presence With Amagi
- Amagi Partners KC Global Media on the Launch of Animax, Asia’s Leading Anime Channel in India