New York, March 4, 2022
Spark Sport joins hands with Amagi to deliver outstanding live experiences
Amagi, a global leader in cloud-based SaaS technology for broadcast and connected TV, has partnered with Spark Sport, a New Zealand-based premium sport streaming service, to provide content aggregation and playout services for their OTT linear channel, Spark Sport 1.
Spark Sport offers live and on-demand sports content including the English Premier League, UEFA football, Formula Racing, New Zealand and English Cricket, as well as a wide selection of other sporting leagues.
Amagi enabled Spark Sport to orchestrate the delivery of a “best of Spark Sport” 24/7 linear channel (Spark Sport 1) featuring both live and replay content by ingesting content, automating the playlist, adding rich graphics and channel playout.
Amagi LIVE, a broadcast-grade live event transmission solution, is the primary technology employed to implement Spark Sport 1. The platform offers flexibility to the operator to control break durations, insert and edit graphics and breaks, switch between input sources, and more, using its ganged control feature. Additionally, Amagi’s channel playout solution, Amagi CLOUDPORT, automates the content playlist, ensuring a smooth transition from ‘playlist to playout’.
“Amagi’s low latency, broadcast-grade live streaming capabilities have helped us create a rich live experience for our viewers,” said Matt Orange, Head of Product & Technology at Spark Sport. “The dynamism of their cloud-based infrastructure, with real time control over breaks and dynamic graphics, has afforded us a great deal of flexibility to scale”.
“Creating and distributing live events over the cloud is a challenge - one that we take pride in accomplishing,” said Srinivasan KA, co-founder, Amagi. “With Spark Sport as our partner, we’ve had the opportunity to work on the most highly anticipated and in-demand sports content such as Formula 1 and international cricket. It has been a terrific experience for us to enable Spark Sport to seamlessly deliver broadcast-grade viewing experiences to their loyal fans.”
Amagi provides a complete suite of solutions for content creation, distribution, and monetization. The company also has a state-of-the-art cloud broadcast operations center that can support 1000+ live linear channels. Amagi clients include USA Today, ABS-CBN, A+E Networks UK, beIN Sports, CuriosityStream, Discovery Networks, Fox Networks, Fremantle, NBCUniversal, Tastemade, Tegna, Vice Media, and Warner Media, among others.
For more information about Amagi and its streaming TV solutions, visit www.amagi.com.
Amagi is a next-generation media technology company that provides cloud broadcast and targeted advertising solutions to broadcast TV and streaming TV platforms. Amagi enables content owners to launch, distribute and monetize live linear channels on Free-Ad-Supported TV and video services platforms. Amagi also offers 24x7 cloud managed services bringing simplicity, advanced automation, and transparency to the entire broadcast operations. Overall, Amagi supports 500+ content brands, 800+ playout chains and over 2000 channel deliveries on its platform in over 40 countries. Amagi has presence in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, London, Paris, Singapore, broadcast operations in New Delhi, and an innovation center in Bangalore.
Head of Global Marketing
BOCA Communications for Amagi
- Amagi’s latest Global FAST Report shows Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV (FAST) is growing steadily in India
- A+E Networks EMEA Expands its FAST Footprint With Amagi
- Amagi Unveils CONNECT: A Global Online FAST Marketplace for Platforms and Content Partners
- Estrella Media Bolsters and Expands Its Leading Presence in Spanish-Language FAST Channels with Amagi
- Amagi Announces Agreement with the National Hockey League as League’s FAST Channel Technology Provider
- Sinclair Selects Amagi as Partner in Migrating Local Broadcast Automation and Playout to the Cloud
- Imagine Communications and Amagi Announce Strategic Partnership
- Amagi and Encompass Digital Media Partner to Provide Best-In-Class Cloud Solutions and Managed Services to Their Global Customers
- Canela Media’s FAST Platform Gets the Amagi Advantage
- Amagi Assists Mainstream Media AG With the Launch of the First Female-Centred FAST Channel in Germany
- FINTECH.TV Launches its Global Fintech News Channel on FAST With Amagi
- Amagi to Distribute CJ ENM Content to Top OTT Platforms in the USA